Friday, January 29, 2010

Sweet Dreams

It's midnight, once again, and I just finished giving Alex his bottle. And as he's sleeping, cuddling on my chest, he starts to laugh. He does this almost every night - and I love it! I love knowing that he dreams, and I love knowing that he has such pleasant dreams every night that he must laugh out loud. He's been doing this ever since his first week of life - and I know there are those who say it's "just gas"... but his smiles and his laughs have only gotten stronger and more sweet as he gets older... I truly believe he's thinking lovely thoughts when he laughs and smiles like that.

Sometimes I wonder what thoughts could cause such a young baby to laugh and smile in his sleep... is he dreaming of milk bottles always on time? Diapers that never get soiled? Playtime with Mommy (I hope) and other loved ones? ...or maybe he simply dreams of bright, pretty colors dancing before his eyes... Either way, I'm thrilled that we have such a happy, beautiful baby... may the rest of the world be as lucky as we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment