Friday, January 22, 2010

Beautiful Alex

But no matter how bad the day is, Alex is the most beautiful and happy baby I've ever met! I don't know what I did to deserve such a perfect little boy! I'm the luckiest mommy in the world!

I've always said that I never want to be a stay-at-home mother, and that I never wanted to be "just a housewife"... but my goodness, what I wouldn't give to be able to afford to stay at home and just take care of Alex and the house! He deserves so much more from me - and I hate that work gets so much of my energy and attention. I'm grateful for the pay, of course - and as a rule, I love the Navy - but my priorities have done a 180 and now family so just SO much more important than...well... me.

And I could sing praises on Alex all day! He only cries when he needs something (usually food or if he gets very tired) and he's constantly just smiling and laughing! I love it! He's the most lovable, cuddly baby! And deserves absolutely everything (that's good for him) in the world!

1 comment:

  1. I'm definitely feeling that pull right now, thinking about when and how I will go back to work after I deliver. I wish I could stay home, but financially we could never swing it. Your little guy sounds perfect!!

    ReplyDelete